The Grand Tacon Theatre (Gran Teatro Tacon or Gran Teatro de la Habana) was built in 1837 and 1838 by the convict labor of a band of forty pirates, pardoned by Governor Tacon, led by Francisco Marty. “The Tacon Theater,” Imperial Valley Press, Vol. 6. No. 32, November 17, 1906 http://cdnc.ucr.edu/cgi-bin/cdnc?a=d&d=IVP19061117.2.33
Inside of the Tacon Theater. Samuel Hazard, Cuba with Pen and Pencil, 1871. New York Public Library Image ID: ps_grd_047.